A national training and software company that is helping UK schools seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Manager. You will be part of a team that focuses on improving local communities and putting education at the forefront of its vision.
This hands-on role is for someone who can comfortably plan and execute, from end to end, all internal financial functions of the business in line with given timescales. You will also be managing customer renewals correspondence so first class customer service skills are paramount for both your internal and external customers.
Previous experience within a Finance Management or similar role is essential.
Familiarity with UK schools would be useful, though not essential.
This is a part time role paying £25,000 - £30,000 (pro rata).
Who are they looking for?
- The ideal candidate must bring a high level of skill and expertise in using the cloud based accounting software, Xero. You will also:
- Share their company values of Passionate, Responsible, Effective, Approachable, Committed and Honest
- Have knowledge of financial accounting and reporting, including production of financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Demonstrate proven experience in implementing and monitoring financial controls
- Enjoy working collaboratively yet be confident and decisive when working alone
- Possess first rate verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solve with a keen eye for detail
- Hold high standards for quality
- Delight in self discipline for completion of tasks at all levels
- Rigorously check your own work
- Be highly proficient in Google Apps
You will be responsible for:
- Performing Bank reconciliations within Xero
- Preparation / submission of VAT returns (on Xero)
- Processing transactions on a daily basis
- Raising data queries with the Service or Sales teams
- All aspects of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, ensuring invoices are paid and collected in a timely manner and effective relationships are maintained with suppliers and customers alike
- Managing customer renewals, providing a smooth response whilst retaining customer confidence
- Handling customer and supplier related queries
- Producing and monitoring weekly / monthly cashflow
- Monthly management account reporting including variance analysis with budgets and cashflow reporting
- Using your expertise in Xero to create Team reports to support Team Leaders and Senior Management Team requirements
- Handling online submission for Company pension scheme
How do you apply?
- Please send your CV for a prompt response.