Infantry Soldier – Infantry
Front line combat. Advanced weaponry. Worldwide travel. From peacekeeping and disaster relief to full-scale war and on-the-ground combat, nothing compares to life in the Infantry. As an Infantry Soldier in the British Army, you’ll be in the heat of the action, fighting to keep vulnerable communities safe and protect nations. This is what doing something that really matters looks like. No matter what you’re doing or where you are in the world, your team become your family and the bonds you build will last for life. They’re there to help you through whatever life throws at you, on and off the battlefield. It’s belonging like nothing else.
If you’re ready and willing to rise to the challenge, we want to hear from you. Whatever your background, experience or skills, we’ll spot your potential and give you everything you need to turn it into a successful military career. With first-class training and the chance to earn new qualifications, you’ll be able to take on anything, seize every opportunity and build a military training that makes people proud.
Join us and you’ll start by learning essential Combat Infantry skills, such as survival, first aid and map reading, at the Infantry Training Centre, Catterick. You’ll also be working on building your stamina and fitness. If you’re under 17 years and 5 months, you’ll do your Basic Training at the Army Foundation College, Harrogate, before heading to the Infantry Training Centre, Catterick, for more advance training.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
· All driving licences
· Institute of Leadership and Management Team Leading Award
· Public Services Apprenticeships in Security, Communications, Engineering, Carry and Deliver Goods, and Storage and Warehousing
· BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Relief Operations Skills
· NVQ Level 2 Public Service
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be behind you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. Right from the start of your training, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you could get promoted, which will mean more responsibility and extra pay.
Become an Infantry soldier and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be
· Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
· Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
· No formal qualifications needed
· Mid-thigh pull of 76kg
· Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
· 2km run in 10min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
· Outdoor activities
· Risks and adrenaline
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >