Infrastructure Design Lead
Location: Telford or London or Newcastle
Salary: £up to 71500 p/a
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Case Management Team and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in Newcastle. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking business requirements and constraints defined by the blueprints and delivery groups design patterns, collaborate with the Application architects, and design the supporting environment for the solution. You are responsible for the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the solution services can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components. Certification: Has or seeking TOGAF Foundation level.
Requirement of the Infrastructure Architect (Infrastructure, Architect, Oracle):
• Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
• Experience with Cloud and Virtualisation technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
• Experience designing, integrating and managing complex platform solutions
• Disclosure Scotland or Security Clearance to work on HMRC IT delivery projects
• Please note this role is within HMRC (RCDTS Ltd).
• Location: London, Worthing or Telford based. Travel between sites is expected.
Role-Specific Competencies / Business Analysis
• Undertakes analysis of user and business requirements, with particular regard to their impact on existing systems and environments, and produce an appropriate platform design.
• Assists in the construction and implementation aspects of delivery
Competencies / Business Knowledge of the Infrastructure Architect (Infrastructure, Architect, Oracle):
• Has a (deep) understanding of the business and business processes.
• Knows how business processes are integrated and their dependency upon / relations with ICT applications.
Role-Specific Competencies / Infrastructure Architecture
• Analyses business requirements, business processes, and technical architectures. Designs and uses them as the basis for the Platform solution.
• Defines and analyses Infrastructure Architecture methods, advises on best fit solutions and techniques.
• Develops expertise in tooling that manages Infrastructure, environment configurations, and Data Management.
• Keeps up to date with trends, roadmaps and developments in all areas of Infrastructure Architecture.
• Applies productivity improvement techniques to the Software and Infrastructure Architecture strategy.
• Develops expertise in verification and validation at all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
• Knowledge and experience of Architecture for EMC Documentum xCP2, Pega, Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic
• Knowledge of Database Management systems including Oracle and Microsoft SQLServer
• Experience with DevOps and Agile Delivery Frameworks
• Experience with build automation and test tools e.g. Puppet, Jenkins, Git-Hub, Zabbix and Selenium.
Role-Specific Competencies / Integration & Orchestration
• Knowledge and experience in system integration, including REST-based and SOAP-based web services
• Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Knowledge in Architecture principle such as SOA / EDA / multi-tiered /SLA / Service contracts etc.
• Experience in a Middleware implementation & integration, knowledge on standards BPEL, BPMN etc.
• Experience in Middleware industrialization
Role-Specific Competencies / Data Management
• Understands the concepts of Data Base Management Systems
• Understands how to manage data from disparate data sources.
• Maintains data Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability.
• Documents changes clearly.
Role-Specific Competencies / Functional Architecture Design
• Is able to document current architectures and standards.
• Can develop future-state conceptual architectures.
• Can develop and/or apply architecture policy and standards.
• Is capable of acting as a champion for architecture transformation initiatives.
• Is able to evaluate alternative technology solutions.
Role-Specific Competencies / Technical Solution Design
• Proposes technical solutions that meet or exceed client needs and expectations, and complements delivery of Business SLAs.
• Synthesizes multiple requirements, ideas & solutions in order to manage complexity and deliver synergies.
• Articulates the proposed solution and benefits accurately and persuasively, reflecting the Business interests or concerns.
• Estimates maintenance costs that are realistic, based on effort required, value delivered, and Business expectations.
• Ensures that the solution aligns with CDIO strategy.
Role-Specific Competencies / Risk Management
• Identifies delivery risks, assess the impact and develops mitigation plans.
• Records and tracks delivery risks.
• Identifies the correct owners for delivery risks and mitigation plans.
Competencies / Quality Management of the Infrastructure Architect (Infrastructure, Architect, Oracle):
• Enables, maintains and improves Business-specific and CDIO Quality Management System (QMS).
• Enables and maintains industry standards and associated certificates for Business contracts and HMRC, per quality plans.
• Ensures compliance by HMRC / third parties to meet contractually agreed deliverables, to right levels of quality.
• Monitors management of issues / risks and escalates appropriately.
• Ensures execution of root cause analysis and prevents reoccurrence of issues/incidents.
• Establishes document management standards and processes.
• Enables appropriate measurements / reporting for Quality Management and Key Performance Indicators.
• Supports / participates in auditing activities and identifies / and initiates improvement projects.
Status Reporting and KPIs of the Infrastructure Architect (Infrastructure, Architect, Oracle):
• Reports on time, concise, clearly and effectively, both internally and to the Business, in accordance with HMRC Policy.
• Initiates proactive measures to improve cost savings.
To apply for the Infrastructure Architect (Infrastructure, Architect, Oracle) role please click the 'Apply now' button.