Principal Lead Pega Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
Salary: Up to £71,500
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Case Management Delivery Group and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in London, Newcastle or Telford.
Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering) Job Description
You are responsible for the end-to-end architecture of a solution, including its assembly and integration into the IT architecture blueprints defined by CTO and incorporating user business requirements. You define the structure of the system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation. You are responsible for the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the solution services can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components. Certification: Has or seeking TOGAF Foundation level.
Role specific requirement for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Refine and refresh standards, design patterns and quality expectations to be followed in the Delivery Group
• Work in conjunction with internal delivery and design partners to develop a solutions architecture
• Drive work at both the Delivery Group and Project level including functional and technical design, development and configuration, unit testing and automated testing, and package and deployment:
• Design and encourage the building of reusable and maintainable components
• Offer an internal technical escalation for projects
• Provide technical governance to the Delivery Group and several projects and programmes of work
• Verify solutions meet technical, functional and quality requirements
• Provide project sizing and estimate development effort for new
• Participate in development, especially around complex or risky technical areas
• Grow Pega knowledge within the Delivery Group through training and mentoring of staff
• Define the technical roadmap of the Pega deliveries and own the technical design and requirements
• Maintain knowledge of Pega and drive thought-leadership of solutions to the technical, business and delivery teams
• Present to senior management and business stakeholders on architectural decision and technical designs
• Disclosure Scotland or Security Clearance to work on HMRC IT delivery projects
• Please note this role is within HMRC (RCDTS Ltd).
• Location: London, Worthing or Telford based. Travel between sites is expected.
Role-Specific Competencies / Business Analysis for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Undertakes analysis of user and business requirements, with particular regard to their impact on existing systems and environments, and produce an appropriate business and/or system design.
• Assists in the construction and implementation aspects of delivery
Role-Specific Competencies / Business Knowledge for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Has a (deep) understanding of the business and business processes.
• Knows how business processes are integrated and their dependency upon / relations with ICT applications.
Role-Specific Competencies / Software Engineering for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Analyses business requirements, business processes, and technical architectures. Designs and uses them as the basis for the Software Engineering solution.
• Defines and analyses Software Engineering methods and advises on best fit solutions and techniques.
• Develops expertise in Software Engineering Tools, Software Engineering Environment configuration and management, and Software Engineering Data Management.
• Keeps up to date with trends, roadmaps and developments in all areas of Software Engineering.
• Contributes to/develops good practice in Software Engineering techniques.
• Applies productivity improvement techniques within the Software Architecture strategy.
• Develops expertise in verification and validation at all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
• Knowledge and experience of Architecture for, Pega, Jenkins, Maven, Tomcat, Apache web server,
• Knowledge of EMC Documentum technologies
• Experience with DevOps and Agile Delivery Frameworks
• Experience with build automation and test tools e.g. Puppet, Jenkins and Selenium etc.
Role-Specific Competencies / Integration & Orchestration for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Knowledge and experience in system integration, including REST-based and SOAP-based web services
• Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Knowledge in Architecture principle such as SOA / EDA / multi-tiered /SLA / Service contracts etc.
• Experience in a Middleware implementation & integration, knowledge on standards BPEL, BPMN etc.
• Experience in Middleware industrialization
Role-Specific Competencies / Data Management for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Is able to normalize/cleanse data.
• Understands how to manage data from disparate data sources.
• Maintains data integrity.
• Documents the changes clearly.
Role-Specific Competencies / Functional Architecture Design for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Is able to document current architectures and standards.
• Can develop future-state conceptual architectures.
• Can develop and/or apply architecture policy and standards.
• Is capable of acting as a champion for architecture transformation initiatives.
• Is able to evaluate alternative technology solutions.
Role-Specific Competencies / Technical Solution Design for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Proposes technical solutions that meet or exceed client needs and expectations, and complements delivery of Business SLAs.
• Synthesizes multiple requirements, ideas & solutions in order to manage complexity and deliver synergies.
• Articulates the proposed solution and benefits accurately and persuasively, reflecting the Business interests or concerns.
• Estimates maintenance costs that are realistic, based on effort required, value delivered, and Business expectations.
• Ensures that the solution aligns with CDIO strategy.
Role-Specific Competencies / Risk Management for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Identifies delivery risks, assess the impact and develops mitigation plans.
• Records and tracks delivery risks.
• Identifies the correct owners for delivery risks and mitigation plans.
Role-Specific Competencies / Quality Management for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Enables, maintains and improves Business-specific and CDIO Quality Management System (QMS).
• Enables and maintains industry standards and associated certificates for Business contracts and HMRC, per quality plans.
• Ensures compliance by HMRC / third parties to meet contractually agreed deliverables, to right levels of quality.
• Monitors management of issues / risks and escalates appropriately.
• Ensures execution of root cause analysis and prevents reoccurrence of issues/incidents.
• Establishes document management standards and processes.
• Enables appropriate measurements / reporting for Quality Management and Key Performance Indicators.
• Supports / participates in auditing activities and identifies / and initiates improvement projects.
Role-Specific Competencies / Status Reporting and KPIs for the Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering)
• Reports on time, concise, clearly and effectively, both internally and to the Business, in accordance with HMRC Policy.
• Initiates proactive measures to improve cost savings.
To apply for the role of Principal Lead Pega Software Architect (Management, Agile, Software Engineering), please click the 'apply now button'